DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Loads and unloads merchandisers and other Reddy Ice systems on trucks and ensures the systems are adequately secured.
- The loading and unloading will occur at customer locations, Reddy Ice refurbishment centers, Reddy Ice warehouses or other locations.
- When installing a merchandiser at customer location, must plug in the equipment, turn it on and ensure that it holds temperature using a company provided thermometer.
- When moving any equipment, ensure all transfer forms and bar code scanning have been completed.
- As directed, clean out all debris from the inside of the merchandisers, clean compressor air-intakes and wipe the merchandisers down. Perform light maintenance such as tightening screws on doors as needed.
- Advise supervisor of any defects in equipment.
- Assist Reddy Ice technicians with installations and de-installations of more complex systems such as Ice Factories.
- Assist refurbishment centers, warehouses or other locations in repositioning merchandisers as required.
- Assist Reddy Ice locations in maintaining an accurate fixed asset register, including annual physical count of assets.
- Regularly attends company sponsored FEST training as required.
- Drives a Customer Centric Culture by engaging in respectful, consistent communication with our customers while striving to promote outstanding customer service.
- Communicates opportunities for SOP improvement to the FESM Manager. Contributes to peer discussions regarding equipment maintenance and cleanliness best practices via Skype, conference calls, and through other technology.
- Displays a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, managers, and the general public at all times. This includes, operating company vehicle safely and in accordance with all applicable laws of the road, reporting to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time, immediately reporting any accidents/injuries, and strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Policies, Programs & Procedures Manual.
- Able to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or managers with other duties as required.
- Adhering to the Code of Business Ethics and individual store policy and procedure is essential. We value honesty and integrity above all else and we expect our employees to be committed to the highest ethical standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Minimal Travel with potential for overnight. Weekend and night work is a requirement of the position. May perform work in retail stores; driving between retail stores and plant location. Must be able to lift 40lbs. plus utilize installation lift equipment. Ability to climb ladders and work with light duty tools.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have valid driver’s license and good driving record – will be required to use company vehicle at times. Assist in maintaining company vehicle to the scheduled maintenance requirements.
- Desire and willingness to learn additional trade skills as directed by company.
- Maintain internal company testing requirements above 80% level for all company training courses.
- Ability to operate forklift preferred.