- Works with minimal supervision, performs tasks required for efficient operation of all functions in a natural gas processing plant to maximize the value of the assets and ensure product specs are met.
- Supervision of facility processes includes cryogenic plants, amine treating plants, glycol and mole-sieve dehydration systems, tank farm, utilities, engines/compressors, turbines, PD and centrifugal pumps, and other plant functions, systems, and equipment. Responsible for ensuring proper flows, temperatures, pressures, and levels are maintained.
- Analyzes all available equipment and process data to recognize operating deviations or abnormalities and takes appropriate corrective action.
- Ensures the recording of critical operating data, the completion of operating & daily production reports, completion of applicable lab testing, and notification of environmental deviations.
- Proactively coordinates plant operations and maintenance activities, including facility shutdowns/turnarounds. Communicates with management and/or maintenance regarding significant repairs or expenditures.
- Complies with company policies, ensures facility compliance with safety, PSM, and environmental policies & regulations for areas of responsibility. Fosters and maintains a clean and safe working environment. Ensures facility compliance with lock-out/tag-out policy and develops and implements operating procedures.
- Works with inside and outside resources to order equipment, materials, and services.
- Monitor expenses, implements cost controls, and operates facilities within budget. Assists with the development of annual operating and capital budgets.
- Plans and schedules work for employees and contractors, manages direct report’s overtime and time off.
- Trains and develops skills of existing and new employees. Conducts annual performance evaluation for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Other skills, attributes and abilities:
- Good mechanical aptitude, familiar with preventive maintenance practices.
- Must possess strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and apply information in P&ID’s, Process Flow Diagrams, and operating & equipment manuals.
- Familiarity with operating plant processes using a DCS control system, experience with Foxboro/Invensys is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and tact in working through issues with operations and field personnel and peers. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills, proficient in MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Knowledge of Health, Safety, and Environmental policies and regulations.
- Working knowledge of project management principles and processes.
- Aptitude to take the initiative to generate new ideas, opportunities, and solutions. Shares technical knowledge with others and be open to learning from the expertise of others.
- Proven flexibility and adaptability.
- Prior experience in a supervisory role is required.
- Minimum 7 years’ operating experience in a cryogenics or processing plant
- Minimum 10 years general experience in the oil/gas industry.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Must have valid driver’s license at appropriate class for vehicle to be driven.
- Field Environment.
- May be required wearing personal protective safety equipment (FRC, hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, respirators, appropriate footwear, etc.)
- Must be able to work extended hours and in inclement weather, as required. Must be available for after-hours “on call” duty for facility and possibly other operating areas. May provide relief for fellow supervisors for vacation and other purposes.
Physical capabilities of standing, walking, bending, climbing ladders and stairs, traversing uneven surfaces, working at elevated levels, stretching, reaching over shoulder height, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs