- Under general supervision, perform a variety of tasks requiring a good working knowledge of assembly techniques, materials, tools, machines and equipment, including, but not limited to: folding, assembling, labeling, laying or rolling stock, inspecting, cutting, and/or boxing, at efficiency standards dictated by the department.
- Setting cutting parameters and operating the cutting machines.
- Immediately report to supervisor or group leader any unusual material, equipment problems or work conditions that would hinder operations, represents deviations from quality standards, good manufacturing practices or adversely affects safety standards.
- Work from product specifications or manuals to insure a quality product. Inspect work as needed.
- Perform simple, routine and repetitive tasks using standard procedures.
- Perform all duties safely, wearing required personal protective equipment, such as: safety glasses, gloves, aprons, etc.
- Observe all safety rules and immediately report hazards to the supervisor.
- Be punctual and at work daily.
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned work area at all times of line stoppage during production runs and at the end of the shift.
- Follow all company rules and regulations, per the Employee Handbook or department policy.
- Communication skills: Able to speak, read, write and understand basic instruction in English.
- Stable work history
- 1 year manufacturing experience preferred
- Attention to safety standards and detail
- Team player and willingness to learn.
- Able to perform tasks in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Able to work overtime on short notice.
- Very basic pc skills.
- Able to satisfy the physical, visual and auditory requirements listed. The physical and work environment requirements described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, lift, move, and handle products, materials, tools, and controls.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, periodically may sit, reach with hands and arms, walk or climb with legs and talk or hear.
- The employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, pull, bend, twist, squat, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must routinely lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or more up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination are required. Safety glasses may be required.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, it can be loud for periods of time while working near equipment which is in operation. Employee must be able to hear fork truck horn.
- The employee must be able to work alone for extended periods of time. The employee must also be able to work with others as required.
- The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. The statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Company Background –Filtration Group and Madison Industries
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.