- Ensure on-time start-up and optimal performance of machinery.
- Analyze mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment and plan for and take corrective action. Make necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Wiring new equipment, reading electrical schematics, developing schematics for new & existing equipment
- Fabricate parts for new & existing equipment, assemble automated systems from individual parts and subassemblies.
- Test equipment to check operation. Clear jams and set aside product for inspection and/or rework. Test equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended down time.
- Examine, test and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and record data on appropriate forms. Check product for visual defects.
- Make preventative maintenance checks and inspection of assigned equipment ensuring safety and optimum performance. Report findings to supervisor/engineering and take appropriate action.
- Analyze and record causes of production delays.
- Train equipment operators on correct use of equipment by reviewing requirements, SOP’s and adjustment techniques.
- Notify production and engineering of recurring problems, equipment malfunctions and supplies needed. Take related corrective actions. Order replacement parts ensuring no loss in production time due to equipment maintenance and repair.
- Interface with Engineering on special projects.
- Follow all safety procedures and use necessary personal protective equipment. Ensure that all work meets regulatory requirements (OSHA).
- Observe “Lockout/Tagout” procedures while working on equipment.
- Report to work on time each day as scheduled, ready and prepared to fulfill all assigned job duties.
- Make recommendations for improving new and existing equipment &/or process.
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Two (2) years of collegiate-level technical or vocational training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (4) years of previous equipment maintenance and repair experience, with one (1) year of work in an environment with a successful preventative maintenance program and a thorough understanding of manufacturing operation requirements.
- Proven skills in electrical (panel wiring & layout, AC / DC controls & drives, pneumatics, hydraulic, mechanical, PLC, robotics, HVAC and machine set-up. Shop equipment (lathe, CNC, milling, welding) ability. Proficient in the use of hand tools.
- Able to fabricate components and assemblies from drawings and concepts.
- High level of mental and visual acuity. Requires reaching, stretching, standing, lifting, bending and squatting. May need to lift over 100 lbs.
- PC literacy, TQM knowledge and ISO familiarity preferred.
- Safety oriented self-motivated team player.
Company Background –Filtration Group and Madison Industries
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.