ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/ POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under general supervision, perform a variety of tasks requiring a good working knowledge of assembly techniques, materials, tools, machines and equipment at efficiency standards dictated by area.
- Immediately report to supervisor or group leader any unusual material, equipment problems or work conditions that would hinder operations, represents deviations from quality standards, good manufacturing practices or adversely affects safety standards.
- Work from product specifications or manuals to insure a quality product. Inspect work as needed.
- Perform simple, routine and repetitive tasks using standard procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping in assigned work area at all times of line stoppage during production runs and at the end of the shift.
- Perform all duties safely, wearing required personal protective equipment, such as: gloves, apron, safety glasses, back support, etc.
- Observe all safety rules and immediately report hazards to the supervisor.
- Be punctual and at work daily.
- Follow all company rules and regulations, per the Employee Reference Manual or department policy.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Understand the product flow and processing systems as well as know the whereabouts of all storage areas.
- Identify all raw materials and finished goods.
- Understand material handling tasks.
- Complete picking tickets as required.
- Palletize and stage products per procedures.
- Move raw materials and finished goods to and from the production area according to SOP’s.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Perform duties safely and report all observed safety hazards to the supervisor.
- Be punctual and at work daily, as scheduled.
- Perform other duties as assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS/ PREFERENCES:
- High school education or up to one year of related experience or training, ideally in manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to work overtime on short notice.
- Reasoning: Able to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Physical: Regularly required to stand for long periods of time. Good manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; bend, twist, squat, or pull; and talk or hear. Regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Visual: Able to see using close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: Work is performed in a manufacturing environment. Exposed to any number of elements but with none present to the extent of being disagreeable. May work at different workstations as production needs require, or shift from one station to another, during scheduled shift. Speed varies. Following established methods and procedures, must be able to perform operations as necessitated by production needs.
Company Background –Filtration Group and Madison Industries
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.