- Provide leadership and direction to large multi-department production facility, directly and through others.
- Initiate and administer plans and policies in support of the company’s strategies relative to production, safety, quality/continuous improvements, service, cost, and inventory.
- Monitor the execution of the master production schedule to ensure satisfaction of all customers’ needs while optimizing overall manufacturing effectiveness.
- Establish and develop pro-active communication channels to external customers and suppliers, internal departments and associates.
- Foster facility teamwork through open communications between producing units and support units. Work to ensure the development and success of all the facilities units.
- Expand the application of employee involvement process including work redesign, empowerment and quality and productivity improvement teams consistent with the owners’ principle and values. Pursue employee development through training, empowerment and recognition. Ensure adequate cross-training for workforce flexibility.
- Use lean manufacturing principles for facility performance against specific goals and motivate employees to strive for continuous improvement.
- Ensure compliance with governmental and facility procedures in areas including good manufacturing practices, safety, ergonomics and security.
- Support relevant initiatives such as capital projects, new product introductions, supplier partnerships, computer system enhancements, employee diversity and succession planning.
- Ensure that all finished goods are manufactured in accordance with our facilities standards and specifications.
- Organize, train and direct the staff to fulfill responsibilities. To create and maintain a productive, friendly work atmosphere based on merit increases, fairness and recognition of the individual.
- Advise the Plant Manager of scheduling concerns, customer service problems, overtime needs and quality obstacles.
- Control the cost of the finished goods produced at our facility.
- Utilize the staff fully and submit completed staff work through the Plant Manager in the areas of cost reduction, new ideas and improvements.
- Maintain a clean, safe, work area through proper safety training equipment and good housekeeping.
- Review needs with Plant Manager for new equipment, change parts and fixtures to handle new products. Approve (with the Plant Manager) recommendations for additional equipment when the need arises.
- Prepare reports, projects and studies as directed.
- Position requires immediate decisions to be made with limited information and rapid assimilation of facts to set new requirements or change from established systems/procedures. Long term decisions include facility layout, management succession planning and major project approval.
- Serve as a role model for the staff and workforce. Understand that the overall policy statements and decisions and actions have direct impact on service, operational inventory, product quality, safety, redirection of overhead, direct costs, modeling of desired behavior, fostering employee involvement and continuation of a continuous improvement process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree, ideally in textiles, a technical or business discipline or a combination of related education and experience sufficient to effectively supervise our workforce and work process.
- 10 year of manufacturing experience with demonstrated at least 5 years of supervisory or leadership experience, ideally in a cellular operation with a variety of products. Able to successfully manage and motivate people. Able to lead by example.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, driving daily accountability
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Able to interact effectively at all levels.
- PC proficient using a database and MS products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Professional attitude and presence.
- Ethical, reliable, a strong attention to detail, superior organizational and time management skills, self-motivated and a team player. Prioritization skills and flexibility sufficient to complete projects with limited direct supervision.
- Committed to carrying out the FGC Quality Policy. ISO familiarity desired.
- Customer oriented. Process focused and able to prevent problems and strive for continuous improvement.
Company Background –Filtration Group and Madison Industries
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.