- Evaluate laminated needs by reviewing the Pleat Laminator Production Schedule.
- Acquire materials from storage. If necessary, verify material identification numbers to ensure that you have correct materials.
CHECK GLUE LEVEL
- Check glue level and add glue if necessary.
LOAD MATERIALS ON LAMINATOR
- Insert round shaft through media roll and mount on the back of the laminator.
- Insert round shaft through the roll of metal wire and lift into place.
- Metal wire should be tensioned correctly, verifying that clamps on both sides are not too tight so that roll can unwind without stretching. Then thread metal wire through top of laminator.
- Thread media through the bottom of the laminator then back up through rollers.
- Place empty tube on the rewind reel and lock down.
- Fold metal wire and media together and then adhere to tube.
- If new media roll is being used, tape or staple metal wire and media to the new empty tube on the rewind reel.
- If new metal wire roll is being mounted, and there is still media on the machine, tape metal wire to the laminated media where the last metal wire roll ended.
- Start the laminator by pressing the green Drive Roller button. Adjust the speed with the black control knob as required.
- The metal wire should be centered on the media, if needed, go to the hand crank lever and center wire on media, make sure the gap on edges is not larger than ¼”.
- Measure the metal wire to make sure that the wire is not being stretched too narrow.
- The metal wire should not be more than ¼” shorter than the original wire size.
- While roll is being laminated, visually check if too much glue is being applied. Call maintenance when applicable to make necessary adjustments.
UNLOAD LAMINATED MEDIA
- After roll is completed:
- Cut and tape the end of the roll as required.
- Place the roll on skid or designated area and label the roll with the item number and add operator’s initials.
- Write down production information on the designated data collection sheet, as required
- Repeat process for each roll
- Place rolls in designated area to be used by pleater operators, or take to storage area as required.
Skills and Experience-
- Able to speak, read and write in English highly desired.
- High school diploma or equivalent level of education highly desired.
- Manufacturing experience strongly preferred.
- Able to work overtime on short notice.
- Able to perform tasks in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Mechanical aptitude sufficient to troubleshoot equipment as needed.
- Able to satisfy the physical, visual and auditory requirements listed elsewhere in this job description.
Company Background –Filtration Group and Madison Industries
Filtration Group is on a mission to make the world safer, healthier and more productive. With a passionate workforce, global footprint and world class engineering and manufacturing capabilities, we are driving innovation and developing solutions across a broad spectrum of applications in the fast-growing global filtration industry. We are committed to maintaining an entrepreneurial culture built on a foundation of trust and in which our leaders exhibit a strong bias for action.
The Company began in 2009 and has rapidly grown to be a global leader in the highly attractive filtration industry. With revenues of $1.6 billion, Filtration Group is consistently recognized as the fastest growing and one of the largest filtration businesses in the world. With over 7,000 employees, the Company serves its customers from a global footprint of 105 facilities in over 25 countries. Filtration Group operates across a wide variety of attractive end markets and produces mission critical products with high replacement rates. Over 80% of the Company’s revenue comes from replacement / consumable products, many of which are specified into customer’s products or processes.
Filtration Group is an affiliate of Madison Industries, one of the largest and most successful privately held companies in the world. Madison builds entrepreneurially driven, branded market leaders that are committed to making the world safer, healthier and more productive by creating innovative solutions that deliver outstanding customer value. The team at Madison is committed to building something truly remarkable that long outlasts them while coaching others to reach their highest potential. Please visit Madison at www.madison.net.