Filtration Group HVAC is currently seeking an experienced Product Engineer to develop new air filter products and improve existing products. This position will direct the building and testing of prototypes; Communicate with Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, customers and vendors regarding ideas, drawings, designs, materials, specifications, testing and expenses; Support Sales and Manufacturing on technical issues associated with assigned air filter product lines; and promote the company and products within the industry.
1. Coordinate the development of new air filter products through design, testing, costing, literature and approval.
2. Evaluate new materials, processes and procedures to enhance and improve existing product lines.
3. Provide technical support for raw materials and construction methods associated with all assigned product lines.
4. Coordinate testing and approval of new raw materials and processes for UL and/or regulatory approval.
5. Update and maintain product information and specifications for assigned air filter product lines.
6. Work with other departments to assure reasonableness of plans and timetables for design, manufacture and performance testing. Advise management of delays, problems or changes.
7. Direct and coordinate preparation of prototypes and new product samples.
8. Work with Filtration Group Quality Assurance and testing personnel, as well as Customers’ quality departments to verify and maintain product quality.
9. Work with Sales and Manufacturing to understand and meet customer needs and to establish product specifications.
10. Coordinate field testing of Filtration Group and competitors’ products.
11. Coordinate with Operations and Testing personnel to maintain accurate and current performance data.
12. Assist Marketing and Sales in the preparation of catalogs and general advertising literature associated with assigned product line.
13. Assist in the preparation and presentation of technical articles and papers to industry groups. Participate in industry-related organizations.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
2. Two (2) years of experience with AutoCAD, SolidWorks or comparable software.
3. Three (3) years of work experience outside of the Education setting.
4. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar discipline), with a focus on gas-phase fluid flow.
2. Three (3) years of product development experience, knowledge of HVAC and/or gas-phase fluid flow.
3. CAD skills sufficient to clearly develop ideas in the form of drawings and to produce drawings for raw material specification and finished product specs. AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks preferred.
4. Strong analytical and communication skills. Ability to make presentations to management and customers and the ability to write concise report findings.
5. Successful project management skills, with an emphasis on managing multiple projects simultaneously.